The ImPACT Test
Trusted by sports teams, schools, corporations, hospitals, and clinics, ImPACT is the most widely used computerized neurocognitive test to help evaluate and manage concussions.
Since 2006, over 7.5 million individuals around the world have taken the ImPACT test.
The ImPACT Test Comes in Two Forms
- Baseline Test – Administered by a physician, nurse, athletic trainer, athletic director, or coach before the start of a sport season, employment period, school year, or other activity. Baseline scores are collected and stored on our HIPAA compliant server. ImPACT recommends re-administering the baseline test every two years.
- Post-Injury Test – Administered after a concussion is suspected. A licensed healthcare provider compares test results to baseline scores and/or normative data scores.
Use ImPACT Pre- and Post-Diagnosis
ImPACT is not a diagnostic tool. Only a licensed healthcare professional can diagnose and treat a concussion. Instead, ImPACT can be used before and after a licensed healthcare provider has determined that a concussion has occurred:
- In addition to establishing neurocognitive performance baselines, healthcare providers use ImPACT test scores as an important component of their assessment of an injury.
- Post-injury test scores may be used by a licensed provider to inform an effective concussion treatment course of action.
- ImPACT may be administered multiple times after a clinician has diagnosed a concussion—scores can be used to help measure rehabilitation and to consider whether to return an injured individual back to activity.
Here's How ImPACT Works
- 25-minute online test for ages 12-59
- Delivered via a secure web portal
- Taken via a desktop computer (PC and Mac compatible) that has an internet connection and a mouse
- Administered in the presence of a physician, nurse, athletic trainer, athletic director, or coach (only a licensed healthcare provider can administer an ImPACT post-injury test)
Information You Need and Data You Can Trust
When ImPACT is delivered in a controlled environment according to recommended specifications, it provides highly reliable neurocognitive data:
- Measures attention span, working memory, sustained and selective attention time, non-verbal problem solving, and reaction time
- Records current severity of 22 concussion symptoms via a 7-point Likert scale
- Detects and flags attempts to manipulate test scores
- Produces a comprehensive report of test results in a .pdf format
Extensive Global Data Security
ImPACT is the only concussion management provider to have completed to be SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 audits, which means that your patient data meets or exceeds all relevant global regulations and standards. Additionally:
- All personally identifiable information is encrypted at rest and in transit
- Test scores are collected, and repeat test scores are automatically stored, on HIPAA/PIPEDA/EU compliant servers
- Redundant backup is maintained across multiple secure and independent data centers
- Extensive intrusion detection software and other security measures