Become an ITAT
Now athletic trainers can become the go-to resource in their communities for ImPACT test administration and concussion education and awareness through ImPACT's Trained Athletic Trainer (ITAT) program. The ITAT program enables athletic trainers to be recognized as leaders by serving as an ImPACT administrator to athletes, schools, youth club organizations, sports teams and doctors in their communities who are in need of this resource.
Benefits of ITAT participation:
- Certified ITAT participants team with Credentialed ImPACT Consultants and ImPACT's Clinical Network (currently almost 1,500 clinics total worldwide) who are looking for athletic training assistance.
- Get advanced training provided by the ImPACT team of globally recognized experts.
- While receiving CEU credits for completion of each ImPACT course, ITAT athletic trainers stay ahead of current concussion related education and can offer educational opportunities in their own communities.
Recognized by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
ImPACT is a Preferred Provider of NATA, which means NATA members receive a discount when they register for online courses. The discount applies to the ITAT program courses offered. In addition, ImPACT donates a portion of the course fees back to NATA to support the athletic training profession.
All Certified Athletic Trainers or Licensed Athletic Trainers may apply to participate in the ITAT program.
- Log in to an existing account or create a New ImPACT Account
- Your credentials must be ATC / LAT to qualify.
- Access your Dashboard
- Complete ITAT Form
- Purchase ITAT On-Demand Video Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
Certified Athletic Trainers and Licensed Athletic Trainers may apply to participate.
All athletic trainers are required to be competent in the knowledge, skills and abilities including prevention, recognition, evaluation and immediate care of athletic injuries, (including concussion) as part of their professional education and credentialing. The ImPACT training requires additional training that includes the latest research and treatment options available, as well as the use of the ImPACT software.
The following prerequisites are recommended:
- Take the ImPACT demo test at least 2 times
- A-1: Sports Concussions & ImPACT
- C-1: ImPACT Baseline Test Administration
Courses may be purchased individually or as a bundle. Courses that were taken within 1 year of application date may be applied to ITAT requirements.
- D-1: ImPACT's Raw Data and Composite Scores
- G-1: Clinical Interpretation: Treatment Options
- EBP-1: Introduction to Clinical Trajectories
- F-1: Return to Learn / ADL
- B-4: Wrap-Up: Clinical Implementation
Yes, ImPACT is a Board of Certification Provider and CEU credits are given after completion of each course.
Yes, the cost for each course ranges from $40-150 depending on the total credit hours.
Yes, ImPACT is a Preferred Provider of NATA, which means NATA members receive a discount when they register for online courses. The discount applies to the ITAT program courses offered. In addition, ImPACT pays a portion of the course fees back to NATA to support the athletic training profession.
Credits from ImPACT courses taken within 1 year of your ITAT application date may be applied to the requirements.
- A-3: Administration and Basic Interpretation,
- C-1: Keys to Clinical Interpretation: Advanced Case Reviews and
- C-2: Keys to Clinical Interpretation with Treatment Options.
Please note you will need to provide a copy of your certificate to ImPACT by scanning a copy of your certificate to ImPACT at our Training and Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: you will still be required to complete the ITAT course B-6: Athletic Trainer's Guide to ImPACT Testing.
If you have taken any courses prior to 1 year from the date of your ITAT application, you will be required to complete all four courses with the ITAT program or take 1 ImPACT Training Workshop and B-6 Athletic Trainer's Guide to ImPACT Testing.. We understand you may have taken ImPACT courses in the past but there are new developments in the treatment of concussions and we want to be certain you have the latest information available.
After the initial year of training, participants are required to take at least one hour of continuing education each year thereafter.
It is up to you. Some athletic trainers may choose to be listed with no contact information available so they will not be contacted for additional referrals. Others may want outside sources to contact them for assistance with the ImPACT Test. There is no charge for athletic trainers to be listed as an ITAT certificate-holder.
Yes, all participants will receive an ITAT certificate for office display.